11 Tips To Naturally Increase Your Testosterone As A Man
Testosterone is important for us men.
If your Testosterone level is low, you don't really feel like having as much sex and you have a lower energy level than usual.
If this is you, I'm sure you're fed up with it.
In this article you will discover how to increase your testosterone naturally.
Before we move on, I want to make something clear to you…
Your level of testosterone goes down when you're about 27 years old. After you turn 35, it will get even lower. So if you're older than 35, this article is especially important for you.
What is testosterone?
Testosterone is a hormone, which is naturally present in both men and women. The hormone is important for two activities.
- Sex drive/ libido
- Vitality/ Health
Advantages of sufficient testosterone
Sounds good, right?
But if your level of testosterone is not good, or even low, there are a number of consequences.
Disadvantages of a lack of testosterone
- Lack of self confidence
- Sleeping problems
- Low energy level
- Low libido/ sex drive
- More fat storage
- Hair loss and baldness
Doesn't sound good, does it?
No… I didn't think so. First you'll want to find out if your testosterone is too low.
So how do you find out if your testosterone level is too low?
Let the doctor check it out. There is no other way. You may think you have the symptoms of a low level of testosterone… But this isn't necessarily the cause. So go see the doctor first, before you take action.
Now I will give you some numbers regarding your testosterone level, which are only helpful if you've been to see the doctor.
A normal amount of testosterone is somewhere between 230 and 1000 nanograms / deciliter. Try to get it somewhere between these numbers, and preferably higher than 350 nanograms / deciliter.
If you've been to see the doctor and your testosterone level is a bit low… Check out the following 11 tips, in which I explain how you can increase your testosterone level in a natural way.
How to increase your testosterone naturally: 11 Tips
The list of tips I'm going to present to you won't be entirely new to you. It does give you a nice overview of all the information, if you really want to work on increasing your testosterone level the right way.
Let's start with the first tip…
1: Sport/ fitness done the right way
If you work out you'll have more energy, and your testosterone level will increase.
The best thing to do is to begin working out today, in order to increase your level of testosterone. Any sport is better than no sport at all. In this article, I will limit myself to the gym. Choose one of the following methods of training:
- Compound exercises. Squats, benchpress, chin-ups, lunges, deadlifts, shoulder press and barbell row. Exercises which train multiple muscle groups at the same time will help increase your testosterone the most. Supporting research.
- Choose a high volume. Your volume is determined by the number of sets x number of repititions x weight. Studies show that a higher volume ensures the production of more Testosterone.
- Try not to go to failure in every set. It's fine to push through until you fail every now and then, but not with all of your sets. Study
- Rest in between exercises. Try to get at least one or two minutes rest. If your body needs more time, you should take it, of course.
- Work out for about 45 minutes. After this time your cortisol (stress hormone) level will increase, and this will cause your testosterone to decrease.
If you work out, you're automatically burning off fat. This is convenient, because lower body fat percentage is linked to higher testosterone levels.
Aside from the healthy habit of working out, it's also important to drink less or no beer.
2: Know your limits
Healthy habits will increase your testosterone in a natural and simple way.
Alcohol, and especially beer, results in less testosterone production.
If you know you drink too much alcohol, try to limit it to just the weekends, for example. Maybe you can then move on to quitting altogether.
- There are other nice things you can drink.
3: Stop smoking and taking drugs
You know smoking is bad for you.
And in this article I also want to tell you that it influences your testosterone.
Go for it... Decide to do your best to quit smoking, even while you're reading this article.
4: Don't consume too much sugar
If you eat food with a lot of added sugars, your level of testosterone will go down right away.
These days it's hard to tell whether there are added sugars in something or not. Marketers know that people are looking for slogans like 'no sugar'.
- The best thing you can do is eat the most natural kinds of food.
And if you have doubts about the amount of added sugar, just check the label.
5: Don't take as much caffeine
If you take too much of this substance, your cortisol will increase. And like I said before, this will decrease your testosterone.
If you take caffeine later in the evening, it will have a negative effect on your sleep. And less sleep will also decrease your testosterone.
- So try to consume less caffeine every day or week.
Now we'll move on to the following tip. Here I will talk about the fuel for the production of testosterone, working out, and good long sex.
6: The influence of food on testosterone
About 80% of the growth off muscle mass, the energy you need to do everything and the production of testosterone is determined by the food we eat.
Especially for you, I have summed up the most important points which will make your testosterone increase:
- 1. Eat healthy fats. These fats are in olive oil, nuts, avocado, fish oil, coconut oil and lean meat. These products will make your level of cholesterol high enough for your body to produce testosterone. Check this research.
- 2. Start your day with a lot of protein, and average amount of fat and little carbs. Think of eggs, or a steak with some vegetables, avocado or nuts.
- 3. Eat a lot of vegetables. Think of broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage. Vegetables will make you alkaline, so you'll remain or become lean, and this helps indirectly to increase your testosterone.
- 4. Drink enough. All processes in the body need water. Also for the production of testosterone. Drink tap water, and green and white tea.
- 5. It's better not to eat soy products. Soy increases the production of the female hormone oestrogene and decreases the production of the male hormone testosterone. It also decreases the production of sperm. Aside from that, it can also cause erection problems.
- 6. Consume enough zinc. Enzymes need zinc to produce testosterone. Eat food like beef, chicken, turkey, shellfish, seeds and nuts
- Food tip: Eat tuna, salmon, eggs, Turmeric, cumin, lime and (black) beans.
Aside from food, sleep is also important...
7: Close your eyes for at least 7 or 8 hours
Try to get about 8 hours of sleep every night. A powernap in the afternoon can also do wonders. Your level of testosterone has a lot to do with how much sleep you get.
Research has shown that if you sleep about 5 hours or less, 10% to 15% less testosterone is produced.
8: Fuck more often for more testosterone
More sex = more testosterone.
Sex results in more testosterone. But there are also two other things:
- More self-confidence
- Less stress
Your level of stress affects your level of testosterone. Check out the following tip.
9: Check your stress level
If you experience a lot of stress, the stress hormone cortisol is produced. This hormone can do serious damage to your body, brain and testosterone level.
If your cortisol level is high, your testosterone level is low. Do the following things to keep your cortisol level low:
- Meditate for 20 minutes every day
- Take 3 long and slow breaths.
- If you're feeling stressed, stand up and walk around, or do stretches
You want to have as little as possible of the hormone cortisol. This also applies to the following hormone.
10: Try to limit this hormone
Right, the first time I read this I also thought… What is that then…
Xeno-oestrogene is a chemical hormone. When we are exposed to too much of this hormone, our testosterone hormone goes down. The scary thing about this hormone is that it's almost everywhere.
I've made a list of the most common things, which you should limit:
- Consume as little pesticides and growth hormones as possible. Eat organic food.
- Use natural cleaning products
- Use natural personal hygiene products
- Avoid air fresheners
- Don't use plastic containers or bottles for food and drink. You can use glass or stainless steel.
- Never put meals in the microwave with plastic. Like ready-made meals.
- Don't use plastic bags when you go shopping
If you do what is suggested in these previous tips, you won't need the next and last tip. You'll have a balanced and healthy life style, and your body will produce enough testosterone. The last tip is more of an extra, which can support your life style.
11: Eat these natural supplements for more testosterone
Natural supplements can help increase your testosterone. You should realize, however, that the basics have to be right. And with the basics, I mean all the tips above… Food, working out, sleep and life style
Below I've added a list of natural supplements, which will help increase your testosterone level:
- Vitamin D3. This is not really a vitamin, but a hormone. An important hormone, which will improve your health. Studies show that this hormone will increase your testosterone.
- Omega 3 fish oil. Fish oil lowers SHBG and increases the production of the Luteinizing hormone. This is the hormone which triggers the production of testosterone. Check this research.
- Tip: Here is a practical list of 10 vitamins and minerals which should be part of your diet.
Enough complicated terminology.
These 11 tips are all you need to increase your testosterone level.
No artificial testosterone treatment, boosters, pills, gel, plasters, cream, ointment, propionate injections or orders.
I haven't told you any new or exciting secrets.
It's just a matter of a disciplined and healthy life.
PS: Would you like to read more awesome articles like this one? Check out these 3: